While I was there, Sarah made the most scrumptious dishes! She sent me the recipes to share with you, so I am going to post them here for ya!
1 (2 pound) whole beef tenderloin
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 1/2 Tbs chopped walnuts
2 1/2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
2 1/2 tsp dried oregano, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup canned beef broth
* Preheat oven to 425
* Starting 1/2 inch from one end, cut tenderloin lengthwise to within 1/2 inch of opposite end, forming a long pocket
* Combine feta, walnuts, parsley, and 1 tsp oregano; spoon into tenderloin pocket. Press tenderloin to enclose filling and secure with kitchen string at the center and ends.
* Rub remaining 1 1/2 tsp oregano on outside of tenderloin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 9x13x2-inch pan.
* Bake at 425 for 30 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 135 (medium-rare)
* Transfer tenderloin to a serving platter, reserving drippings in pan.
* Add broth to pan drippings and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to loosen browned particles. Transfer juices to a serving dish.
* Slice tenderloin and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with juices.
Makes 8 servings
Prep 10 min, Cook 20 min
3 (15 oz) cans black beans
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 (12oz) package meatless burger crumbles
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 (14 oz) can low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes with jalapenos
Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeño peppers, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes, corn chips
1-Rinse and drain 2 cans black beans. (do not drain third can)
2-Saute chopped onion and burger crumbles in hot oil over medium heat for 6 min. Stir in chili powder and next 3 ingredients; sauté 1 minute. Stir in drained and undrained beans, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Serve chili with desired toppings.
Meaty Black Bean Chili: Substitute 1 lb ground beef for meatless burger crumbles, sauteing ground beef with onion for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Omit vegetable oil.
Makes 6-8 servings
Prep: 10 min
Bake: 9 min
If you are serving bread with this warm cheese, place slices on the same baking sheet with the Brie. They will toast while the cheese cooks.
1 (8oz) Brie round
1/4 cup ginger preserves (1/4 cup fig preserves may be substituted)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp chopped fresh Rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly grounded pepper
Assorted crackers, fresh fruit
1-Preheat oven to 400. Trim and discard rind from top of Brie. Place Brie on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
2-Meanwhile, microwave Ginger preserves and next 6 ingredients in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds; stir until blended and smooth. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Let stand while cheese bakes.
3-Transfer Brie to a serving dish; drizzle warm glaze immediately over Brie. Serve with assorted crackers and fresh fruit.