Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy New Year...and all that

Hello (possibly) faithful readers!

I am aware of how MIA I have been and I am thinking I am ready to get back in the saddle. I took a hiatus as I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my blog...a place for pictures, craft ideas, stories of my life, restaurant reviews, recipes, etc. So...I decided to just write about whatever I felt and go from there. Hopefully, it won't be too disjointed and all over the place!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! Ours was nice, we had visits with family and friends, ate lots of great food, were blessed with generosity from family and friends, and got to enjoy the lovely holiday decorations that our Christmas tree, stockings, and other holiday decor afforded us. There is something about a lit Christmas tree and lights in the window that is so pretty and peaceful.  Here are some pictures to recap our holiday experience:
Holiday Christmas card 2011




 Annual Eve of Christmas Eve Party 2011
Best gift of the morning--"Fart in a Can" purchased by my husband in the Dollar section of Target
 


My Mom, cousin and I all got the same cute brown scarf!
 
Christmas Doggie!

Too much fun!
Anticipating the gifts!

Ahh sisterly love...2 of my nieces.
Annual Christmas Gourmet Group 2011


 My cousin Brooke has been in town for an entire month!! She has recently moved from Los Angeles to New York and her new apartment wasn't going to be ready until mid-January, so as a result we got her from mid-December until tomorrow! Brooke and I our cousins, but are as close as sisters. We have been able to spend a lot of time together since she's been in RVA, and it as been great! My brother and I are planning a trip to visit her in a few weeks to drive the family Tahoe back to RVA. I'm sure I will have great pics and stories to share!
Brooke--smirking at me
 So....what have you all been up to for the last 8 months or so???


~Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment